COTA believes that senior Victorians have an important role in:
- responding to environmental challenges including climate change and their impact both on themselves and future generations;
- supporting and taking action to reduce these impacts; and
- talking about these issues to their families, friends and in their communities.
Who are COTA Green Sages?
COTA Green Sages are senior Victorians (aged 50+) who are or would like to become involved in group actions to increase the environmental sustainability of our community and to decrease the impact of climate change.
COTA’s Green Sages Program reflects the broader COTA commitment to providing leadership on seniors’ issues and to encouraging seniors to take action for change in the community.
Find out more about the roles and activities you could be involved in as a COTA Green Sage, and how you can be part of a network of older people who share your concerns.
For more information contact COTA on 9654 4139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Take Action with COTA
The COTA Green Sages Program has a vision for a community in which seniors help lead change for a sustainable future and participate in initiatives which address the impacts of climate change.
The COTA Green Sages mission is to:
- facilitate opportunities for seniors to collaborate in taking action on environmental sustainability issues;
- develop education and training programs on environmental sustainability and climate change, enabling seniors to become better informed and take leadership on these issues;
- provide intergenerational opportunities for seniors to be both mentors and students with other generations on climate change and related issues;
- contribute to policy, research, and advocacy on the impact of environmental issues on seniors.
Find out more about what is happening in COTA’s Green Sages by contacting Donna Swan at COTA Vic on 9655 2139 or following the links below
Recent climate Change research reading: