COTA Victoria is the leading not-for-profit organisation representing the interests and rights of people aged 50+ in Victoria. For nearly 70 years, we have led government, corporate and community thinking about the positive aspects of ageing. Today, our focus is on promoting opportunities for, and protecting the rights of, older Victorians.
We are a not-for-profit community organisation and fund our activities with the support of government, members, philanthropic trusts, businesses and the public. We have an experienced Board, highly qualified Melbourne staff, and over 100 community volunteers throughout Victoria. As a member-based organisation we are run by, for and with older Victorians.
Our vision, purpose and values
- Vision – Ageing in Australia is a time of possibility, opportunity and influence
- Purpose – COTA advances the rights, interests and futures of Australians as we age
- Values – Respect, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity
Our strategic priorities
- Policy – Maintain our leadership in policy development and advocacy on behalf of people 50+ in Victoria and Australia in general.
- Health and wellbeing – Continue to successfully manage and increase a portfolio of physical, mental and financial health projects and services designed to benefit and improve the quality of life of older Victorians.
- Rights – Maintain the position of Seniors Rights Victoria (a COTA program) as Victoria’s leading provider of information, legal aid and support, advice and education to help prevent elder abuse and protect the rights of older people.
- Organisation – Build COTA organisational efficiency and sustainability in Victoria through improvements to public awareness of COTA Victoria’s impact, knowledge management, income generation and increased volunteer involvement.
Read more about COTA Victoria’s Strategic Direction for 2018-2021.