We all have goals about how we want to live and how we want to be cared for if we ever need to depend on others. However, a goal without a plan is just a wish. Advance care planning helps to ensure that our loved ones and our doctors know what our health and personal preferences really are.
This can give everyone some peace of mind in times of difficulty. Before we can make an advanced care plan It’s important to think about our values and preferences and to openly discuss them with the important people in our lives.
COTA Victoria invites you to attend this interactive workshop and learn about
• How an advanced care plan works
• How to prepare to make a plan
• Resources and supports to help you
• appointing a substitute decision-maker
• completing an Advance Care Directive.