Please contact Wangaratta Library to register your place.
The $250 Power Saving Bonus
Are you paying too much for your electricity? A simple check could earn you $250 dollars right now and much more over time. As a special incentive to check your bill, the Victorian Government has introduced the $250 Power Saving Bonus for eligible concession holders.
What is the bonus?
The $250 Power Saving Bonus is a one-off payment made to all eligible Victorian households who apply by January 31, 2022. Applications take around 5 minutes and your payment will be made by EFT or cheque within a few weeks. Your payment may be spent on anything at all!
Assistance to apply
COTA Victoria have scheduled a number of workshops over December and January to help people who cannot apply online. After a short presentation about the program we will check you information and submit your application on the spot.
To be eligible for the power saving bonus, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a Victorian residential energy consumer
- Be receiving payments under one of the following concession programs:
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession
- JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy or Abstudy
- Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession
- Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card
What do I need for the application process?
You will need to bring the following things with you when attending a workshop.
- Your recent household electricity bill from your retailer
- Your ‘NMI number (located on your bill typically a 10 or 11 digit number)
- Your Pensioner Concession Card number
- Your Health Care Card number (for JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy or Abstudy recipients
- Your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN)
Each workshop will feature a 30 minute energy information to support attendees to:
• Access energy concessions
• Find cheaper energy offers
• Save energy
• Access payment difficulty assistance
To support the workshops, participants will be provided with CPRC’s award-winning household energy information packs.