Navigating Aged Care
When making important decisions about your future, it is important to be informed and be prepared. The aged care system is complex, and it can sometimes be confusing or difficult to find your way. We can help you with the right information at the right time to access aged care services.
How we help
Our team of Aged Care Navigators provide personal, free and independent advice, information and assistance to guide you through the aged care system. We can help you understand, identify, compare and select the right aged care services for you.
If you have asked yourself any of the questions below (or any other question about accessing aged care services), and are unsure what to do next, we encourage you to contact our Aged Care Navigators.
- How do I register with My Aged Care?
- What services and support options are available in my area?
- How can I compare services? Facilities? Prices?
- Am I eligible for home care?
- What information do I need to provide?
- How will I be assessed for eligibility and services?
- I am on a waiting list for services, what should I do?
- How can I access respite care?
- What happens if my needs change?
- How do I help a family member or friend who might need aged care services?
We are just a phone call away. We can help you:
- Understand and navigate the My Aged Care system
- Determine if you are eligible for aged care services
- Take the next steps following your assessment
- With printed information if you are unable to access online services and resources
- Confidently choose a service provider from the range of options available
- Find out what respite care options are available
- By providing independent, accurate and up to date information about the process
- Plan ahead as your needs change
- If you just need someone to talk through the process
- As a family member or friend, to assist someone in need of aged care services
If you would like to find out how our Aged Care Navigators can assist you, your family or friends, call the COTA WISE information line on 1300 13 50 90 between 9.30am and 4pm weekdays.
Please let us know if English is not your first language and you need an interpreter to support you.