The aged care system is complex, and it can be hard to find your way around. Many people are also having trouble connecting with My Aged Care, the government’s aged care information service. COTA Victoria has a new telephone information service that helps older people navigate the aged care system.
How we help
Our new Aged Care Navigator service gives you free and independent help to find your way around the aged care system. You can get reliable information about:
- how to register with My Aged Care
- the aged care supports available in your area
- how to compare services, facilities and prices
- what is involved in the process of registration, assessment and linking with services
- other options if you are on a waiting list for services
- and much more.
Our volunteers are trained and have personal experience of using the aged care system. They can listen to your concerns and connect you to the right information – even posting extra information out to you if you need it.
If you need assistance, call the COTA Information Line on 1300 13 50 90 between 9.30am and 1pm weekdays. A navigator will call you back or you can email us at COTAWise.Services@cotavic.org.au.
Please download our information sheet about Aged Care Systems Navigators in Victoria.
You can find more information about the national program at www.AgedCareNavigators.org.au