In our 2020-21 pre-budget submission, we asked the Victorian Government to increase investment in a range of services and infrastructure to help Victorians age well. Our key asks were framed around six priority areas:
- Liveable communities that foster social participation of older people.
- Supporting mature aged workers to be sought after and valued employees.
- A transport system that gets all older Victorians where they need to go.
- Information services that meet the needs of all older Victorians.
- Supporting Victorians to plan for a future of healthy ageing.
- Strengthening our family violence response for older people.
The 2020-21 state budget was handed down by Treasurer, Tim Pallas on 24 November. We have produced this report card to outline:
- What we asked for in our original pre-budget submission.
- Which items of interest have been prioritised in the 2020-21 budget.
- What action is still needed to support older Victorians in the 2021-22 budget.