The federal election is happening on Saturday 21 May. But if you can’t make it to a polling booth on the day, there are a number of early voting options.
One option is voting by post. To do this, you must register before the cut-off date, complete your vote by 21 May, and return your vote within the time limit. Watch the Australian Electoral Commission’s (AEC) handy video on postal voting.
The AEC website also has information about:
- finding your electorate
- voting if you have COVID or need to isolate
- options for people with disability or mobility restrictions
- telephone voting for people who are blind or have low vision
- voting support for people with dementia
- voting support for people who are homeless
Contact the AEC on 132 326 well before election day to check your options and register for any support you need.