Specialist help for grandparent, foster and kinship carers
If you’re a grandparent, foster or kinship carer, Centrelink’s specialist Grandparent, Foster and Kinship Carer Advisers can help you to access support. They provide:
- tailored information about payments and services
- help to arrange appointments with specialist staff
- referrals to community organisations.
To speak to an adviser, call 1800 245 965. You don’t need to be getting Centrelink payments or accessing services to get help and advice from the Grandparent, Foster and Kinship Carer Advisers.
Payment summaries now available
Centrelink payment summaries are now available. Your payment summary shows your taxable and non-taxable payments the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) need to know about. You need this to lodge a tax return.
The summary shows:
- your Centrelink payments and allowances
- payment dates
- taxable and tax-exempt amounts
- tax withheld amounts that show as deductions.
Use one of these self-service options to view, download or ask for a copy of your Centrelink payment summary:
- your Centrelink online account through myGov
- the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
- self-service terminals at a service centre
- the request a document prompt when you call the Centrelink phone self service.
If you wait until late July to lodge your tax return, your payment summary details will pre-fill in the in ATO myTax. You or your registered tax agent can get them there to complete your tax return.
Contact Services Australia on 132 300 for any general enquiries about Aged Pensions and Health Care Cards.