The $250 Power Saving Bonus is a one-off $250 payment helping ease cost of living pressures for Victorian households and encouraging them to compare energy offers and save money. Unlike last year, in 2022–23 the Power Saving Bonus is available to all Victorian households – no concession card needed!
Applications are open between 1 July 2022 and 30 June 2023.
To claim the bonus, visit the Victorian Energy Compare website or use an energy affordability service from a participating community partner. You will need a recent electricity bill that names you as an account holder. The $250 payment is made directly into your nominated bank account and can be used however you wish. The Bonus is limited to one payment for each eligible household.
If you need help to apply, try:
- Friends and family – If someone you know has a computer with the internet, ask if you can use it to visit Victorian Energy Compare.
- Online – Get help in real time by using the live chat on the Victorian Energy Compare website.
- Phone support – Call 1800 000 VEC (832) for general support and assistance with the Victorian Energy Compare website and the Power Saving Bonus program. If you don’t have internet or computer access, you can apply over the phone.
- Email – Email the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for help with the online application process.
- Online workshop: COTA Victoria will be hosting a short online workshop on Wednesday July 27 at 1.00 pm to demonstrate how to apply. To RSVP, email email@example.com or call 1300 135 090.