National Mental Health Commission funded project
Researchers at the National Ageing Research Institute are working with the National Mental Health Commission to understand the key issues for older adults to maintain mental health and support those living with mental illness and their carers.
The research team is currently seeking participants to contribute to the study, including;
- Focus Groups(time commitment ~1.5 hours)
- General community members aged 65 years+, or aged 50 years+ if they are from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, live with HIV/AIDS or have an experience of chronic homelessness (participants will receive a $40 gift card for their participations)
- An adult (18 years+) family or friend carers of older person living with mental health problems and using mental health services (participants will receive a $40 gift card)
- Providers who work with older people with mental illness.
- Individual interviews(time commitment 40-60 minutes)
Persons aged 65 years+ (or aged 50 years+ if they are from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, live with HIV/AIDS or have an experience of chronic homelessness) who have used mental health services in the past 12 months (participants will receive a $75 gift card).
To lean more, visit the National Ageing Research Institute website
Recruitment will end on 8th December 2021 or when the desired number of participants has been reached.