Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this year’s Victorian Seniors Festival is being produced in a very different way. To keep everyone safe, the Festival comes straight to you in your home, with pre-recorded performances and interviews, radio programs, and local online events.
The Seniors Online website has up-to-date information about what’s on and how to access the events online. Your local council may also be hosting extra online events – check their website or call them to find out what is on offer.
COTA Victoria has always been a part of the Festival and this year is no different. We’re presenting:
- strength training and yoga sessions
- presentations on ageing in your home
- brainwaves sessions exploring brain health and memory
- information sessions about finances, retirement villages, energy markets and much more
We’ll also be hosting some very special one-off events such as:
- Ageism: a conversation on activism
- interviews with some of our Reach, Train, Employ participants
- affordable housing for women aged 55+ – presented by Women’s Property Initiatives
All of these events are free and will be hosted on Zoom. We have a Zoom help sheet available for anybody who has never used Zoom before. It’s very simple – just click the event link and you’ll be there!
To find out more about the activities and events we’re hosting, please head to the events page on our website.
If you’d prefer a full copy of our program schedule or a Zoom help sheet, email email@example.com or call our information line on 1300 13 50 90.
Free public transport travel for seniors
Ordinarily, Victorian seniors enjoy one week of free travel on public transport during the Seniors Festival. The Victorian government has decided to postpone the free travel week until COVID restrictions are over. We’ll keep you updated when the dates for this are announced.