COTA Victoria’s Locals Working Together pilot program is a pre-vocational training program designed to support people aged 50+ along their training and employment pathway into the Community Service or Healthcare sectors.
We help you define your employment goals through a supportive learning process. We fuel your ambition, which builds personal belief and inspiration to help you achieve your goals.
Our pilot program consists of 8 days of training over four weeks. In addition, we will work with you to understand your strengths, skills and employment goals and provide mentoring opportunities and connections with potential employers through a networking event.
The topics in the training cover:
- Strengths, Skills and Goal setting
- Career Pathways
- Financial & Digital Literacy
- Confidence building
- Job Applications and Interview Preparation
- Communication Skills
- Work-Life Balance and Self-Care
Training sessions will commence 17 May – 9 June 2022
Every Tuesday and Thursday
From 9:30am – 3:00pm
At the end of the four-week training program, we will match you with a Mentor who will support you to reach your goals.
The criteria to participate in the pilot is:
- People aged 50+ looking to find employment in the Community Service or Healthcare sectors
- A JobActive client
- Willing to participate in 8 days of training over four weeks
- Live in North Western Melbourne.
Get involved and give yourself a great chance at reaching your employment goals.
Why should I become a Mentor?
Becoming a Mentor will allow you to use your professional skills and lived experience to support other people in your community. We will provide training to build your mentoring skills and expand on your community leadership abilities.
Our Mentor training program will give you the tools and resources you need to coach your mentee on their employment pathway.
We are looking for people who are:
- Passionate about supporting people aged 50+ to get back into the workforce
- Looking to upskill their mentoring skills
- Willing to participate in approximately 8-10hrs of facilitated mentor training (face-to-face or online)
- Are available 2-4hrs per month to support your mentee for a minimum of 6 months
- Willing to train and meet in the North and Western suburbs of Melbourne (Including the Cities of Hume, Brimbank, Moreland, Moonee Valley and the Shire of Macedon Ranges)
People from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, migrants and refugees and/or people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
For more information, contact Joanne Goodman at COTA Victoria directly on 03 9655 2119 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
|The Local Jobs program and Workskil Australia are proudly supporting this project. The Local Jobs Program (LJP) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment.|