COTA Victoria is leading a new innovative project to support jobseekers 50 years and over into paid work. Participants in the Reach, Train, Employ project are supported to re-skill and find paid work. The project focuses on providing training to get jobs in the aged care and disability sectors, to meet a growing demand of more than 17000 new jobs in Victoria by 2023.
COTA Victoria is currently looking for participants to join this exciting new opportunity. The project is open to jobseekers who are 50 years and older and living in Brimbank or Melton areas of Melbourne.
Who will deliver the Reach, Train, Employ project?
The project is delivered by COTA Victoria, in partnership with the Future Social Services Institute (FSSI) at RMIT University and Good Shepherd Australia and New Zealand (GSANZ). The project is supported by the Try, Test and Learn Fund – an initiative of the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
Reach, Train, Employ will have a strong focus on supporting older job seekers into the workforce. Participants will receive support to complete a Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing and Disability) (CHC33015). The certificate will be delivered by RMIT University with a brand new curriculum co-designed by industry experts and people with lived experience. Supports for participants include:
- career guidance
- employment assistance through resume writing, interview techniques and understanding the employment market
- enhancing IT and digital literacy
- providing financial counselling
- mental health and wellbeing support
- assisting with student and employment placements
- providing personal support.
Who can join?
COTA Victoria is currently looking for participants to join this exciting new opportunity. You can join Reach, Train, Employ if you are:
- over 50 years of age
- currently unemployed or underemployed and looking for work
- interested in working in the aged care and disability sector
- living in Brimbank or Melton areas of Melbourne
- eligible for free TAFE.
How to register for an information session?
- Register here for Tuesday 4 February 2020, 10 am–12.30 pm, Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand, St Albans
- Register here for Thursday 6 February 2020, 1 pm–3.30 pm, Caroline Springs Library & Learning Hub, Caroline Springs
- Register here for Monday 10 February 2020, 1 pm–3.30 pm, Melton Library & Learning Hub, Melton
- Register here for Wednesday 12 February 2020, 6 pm–8.30 pm, Brimbank Learning Futures, Sunshine
If you are unable to attend any of the above mentioned information sessions, please express your interest online. We will then be in touch to discuss your interest over the phone.
For more information, contact Reach, Train, Employ Team Leader Wennie van Riet directly on mobile 0499 224 000 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org