Living Longer Living Stronger™ has a new look. An updated logo means an updated program that better supports older Australians – doing the activities they love!
Strength training means using weights – like hand weights, machines or just your own body weight – to build muscle strength and endurance. Strength training with our Living Longer Living Stronger™ program for older people can help you to stay active and independent as you age.
Why do strength training?
You’re never too old to gain muscle strength – in fact, strength training is especially important as we get older. Strength training can help you to:
- stay active and independent with everyday activities like shopping, gardening, climbing stairs and playing with the grandchildren
- prevent or manage chronic conditions like arthritis, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- manage your weight
- improve your posture, balance, coordination and flexibility
- build confidence and self-esteem.
Living Longer Living Stronger™
COTA Victoria’s Living Longer Living Stronger™ partners across Victoria provide strength training programs specifically for older people, with:
- programs tailored to your needs and abilities through initial and ongoing assessments
- fully qualified and committed instructors
- a safe, supportive environment
- at least two group sessions a week, at a low cost
- an opportunity to socialise over a cup of tea or coffee after each session.
Find a Living Longer Living Stronger™ program in your area
Living Longer Living Stronger™ programs are offered at community health centres, fitness and leisure centres and neighbourhood houses across Victoria. Check our provider map to find your nearest venue, or search our venue lists for metropolitan and rural areas.
For help or more information, call us on 1300 13 50 90 or email email@example.com.
If you’re a provider, find out how your facility can offer Living Longer Living Stronger™