Around 100 COTA Victoria-endorsed providers offer Strength for Life programs to older people throughout Victoria.
Become a Strength for Life provider
If you are a fitness or leisure centre, community health centre, neighbourhood house, rehabilitation facility or even a retirement village – or a personal trainer with a special interest in the health and well-being of older people – you could become a Strength for Life provider.
By becoming a provider, you:
- increase the opportunities for older people to participate in high quality strength training
- enjoy the benefits COTA’s Strength for Life endorsement.
Strength for Life instructors must have, at a minimum:
- a Certificate III (Fitness) and
- a ‘Plan and deliver exercise for older adults’ competency
A Certificate IV (Personal Trainer) that includes the elective ‘Plan and deliver exercise for older adults’ is a desirable qualification.
These qualifications, which meet national industry standards, are offered by Registered Training Organisations throughout Victoria, not by COTA Victoria. See the Physical Activity Australia or Fitness Australia websites for lists of providers.
Promotional material and resources
- Doctor’s approval letter to participate
- ‘Choose Health: Be Active’ physical activity guide for older Australians
For more information about Strength for Life, contact COTA Victoria on (03) 9655 2100 or email email@example.com.