A training program built on understanding the needs of older adults.
Living Longer Living Stronger™ (LLLS) is a strength and balance program, which supports mobility in older adults. It also helps them remain connected with their community and friends.
If you are a fitness or leisure centre, health service provider, Neighbourhood / community house, aged care facility, retirement village – or a personal trainer with a special interest in the health and well-being of older adults – you could become a Living Longer Living Stronger™ provider.
Become a Living Longer Living Stronger™ Provider
Becoming a Living Longer Living Stronger provider gives you the opportunity to access a group in the community who may not otherwise have contact with gyms or exercise classes. Once they know that your class is welcoming and suitable for them, and they can see the physical improvements from attending, they will become loyal customers who will help promote your business through word of mouth.
You can become a provider in two ways:
- As an individual instructor (sole trader) who undertakes accreditation with the program and organises classes in a suitable venue.
- As a host organisation (business) which employs or otherwise arranges for a trained instructor to hold classes at your venue.
Being in the Living Longer Living Stronger program has many benefits:
- the quality control that many health professionals are looking for when referring their clients and patients to exercise programs
- access to branded marketing materials such as posters and brochures
- pre-exercise screening tools
- referral letter template
- promotion of the program through COTA Victoria’s network.
As an authorised Living Longer Living Stronger provider we will provide you with a range of promotional tools and training options as well as access to our support staff, to help you recruit and retain participants.
You will also have access to new program options that we are developing including:
- LLLS Outdoors, ideal for providers with limited indoor space, or for clients who prefer to exercise in the fresh air
- LLLS for clients with dementia
- Caring for Carers, a modified LLLS Program to support the health and wellbeing for older carers
Please register your interest to become a Living Longer Living Stronger™ provider via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kerry Galbraith on 03 9655 2136.
Become a Living Longer Living Stronger™ Instructor
Do you enjoy working with clients to improve their health and have a keen interest in working with older adults?
Start your journey as a qualified Living Longer Living Stronger™ instructor by enrolling in the next training course.
The course is open to fitness professionals (holding Certificate III and/or IV in Fitness qualifications), exercise scientists and physiologists and physiotherapists.
Living Longer Living Stronger™ program encourages and supports improved health, quality of life and fitness of people aged 50 years and over.
The program seeks to maximise opportunities for people to engage in affordable, high-quality, results-oriented strength training programs over the longer term.
Living Longer Living Stronger providers only use instructors who have successfully completed the Living Longer Living Stronger™ training program designed specifically for older adults.
The instructor training course introduces the instructor to the principles and research on which the Living Longer Living Stronger™ program was founded and expands the participant’s knowledge of training older adults and training for specific medical conditions.
This course is a mix of online self-paced learning modules and a one full day face-to-face learning and covers:
- Living Longer Living Stronger™ protocol, health appraisal and assessments
- Managing the complexities of chronic conditions and physiological changes as we age
- Core stability and back care
- Risk assessment (clients and the physical space)
- Fitness testing (physical markers as required for evaluation)
- Postural assessment and strength training applications, including strength training variables, benefits and equipment for older adults
- Practical Program application, including warm up ideas, balance, practical strength and power ideas.
Recognised by the peak body for the fitness industry
The Living Longer Living Stronger™ accreditation course is approved by Fitness Australia for 14 Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
For more information about CECs, see the Fitness Australia website.
To register your interest in the next Living Longer Living Stronger™ instructor training email email@example.com
Living Longer Living Stronger™ writes a weekly newsletter to get on the database, send your request through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register your interest to become a Living Longer Living Stronger™ instructor via email at email@example.com or call Kerry Galbraith on 03 9655 2136.