Around 100 COTA Victoria-endorsed providers offer Living Longer Living Stronger ™ programs to older people throughout Victoria.
Become a Living Longer Living Stronger™ provider
If you are a fitness or leisure centre, community health centre, neighbourhood house, rehabilitation facility or even a retirement village – or a personal trainer with a special interest in the health and well-being of older people – you could become a Living Longer Living Stronger ™ provider.
By becoming a provider, you:
- increase the opportunities for older people to participate in high quality strength training
- enjoy the benefits COTA’s Living Longer Living Stronger ™ endorsement.
Living Longer Living Stronger™ instructors must have, at a minimum:
- a Certificate III (Fitness) and
- a ‘Plan and deliver exercise for older adults’ competency
A Certificate IV (Personal Trainer) that includes the elective ‘Plan and deliver exercise for older adults’ is a desirable qualification.
These qualifications, which meet national industry standards, are offered by Registered Training Organisations throughout Victoria, not by COTA Victoria. See the Physical Activity Australia or Fitness Australia websites for lists of providers.
Promotional material and resources
- Living Longer Living Stronger™ promotional poster
- Living Longer Living Stronger™ promotional brochure
- Doctor’s approval letter to participate
- ‘Choose Health: Be Active’ physical activity guide for older Australians
For more information about Living Longer Living Stronger™, contact COTA Victoria on (03) 9655 2100.