Guided by our Policy Development Committee, current events and enquiries and concerns raised by older people we work on a range of issues related to the rights of older Victorians. We work with COTA Australia and a wide range of other groups.
Policy priorities in 2020
Policy Priorities in 2020 include:
- monitoring the impact of COVD-19 on older people and making representations to government on key issues arising
- advocating for better access to assistive technology for older people
- ensuring elder abuse is understood as a form of family violence
- following up earlier work to assist older people after the death of a partner
- participating in the review of the Victorian Retirement Villages Act
- understanding how social isolation affects older peoples’ health and well being
- following up on the Aged Care Quality and Safety and Mental Health Royal Commissions.