Guided by our Policy Development Committee, current events and the wishes of older people, we work on a range of issues related to the rights of older Victorians. We work in collaboration with COTA Australia and other groups such as the Alliance for an Agenda for Ageing.
Policy priorities in 2019
Our policy focus changes over the course of the year. For 2019, our priorities are:
- consulting with older people, families and carers to inform our response to the Royal Commission on Aged Care Quality and Safety
- responding to the Victorian Government Royal Commission on Mental Health
- advocating for better access to assistive technology for older people
- representing the needs of older people for affordable energy in a complex market
- following up earlier work to assist older people after the death of a partner
- understanding how social isolation affects older people’s health and wellbeing.