Guided by our Policy Development Committee, current events and enquiries and concerns raised by older people we work on a range of issues related to the rights of older Victorians.
Policy priorities in 2021
Policy Priorities in 2021 include:
- Follow up of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Royal Commission report with a specific focus on Victoria related actions and encouraging consumer engagement with the recommendations
- Continuation of the Assistive Technology for All campaign particularly following up on AT related recommendations in the Aged Care Royal Commission report
- Continued awareness-raising and education in relation to Ageism, particularly in collaboration with the Municipal Association of Victoria
- Monitoring the impact of COVID-19 especially the roll out of vaccination for older people
- Influencing the understanding of Perpetrators of Elder Abuse amongst Family Violence, Elder Abuse and legal Service Providers
- Participating in the review of the Victorian Retirement Villages Act.
We work in collaboration with COTA Australia on national issues such as aged care and retirement incomes and with the other state and territory COTA organisations. COTA consults with people over 50 about their views, life experiences and needs through the State of the (Older) Nation survey.