Guided by our Policy Development Committee, current events and enquiries and concerns raised by older people we work on a range of issues related to the rights of older Victorians. We work with COTA Australia and a wide range of other groups.
Policy priorities in 2021
Policy Priorities in 2021 include:
- Follow up of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Royal Commission report with a specific focus on Victoria related actions and encouraging consumer engagement with the recommendations
- Continuation of the Assistive Technology for All campaign particularly following up on AT related recommendations in the Aged Care Royal Commission report
- Continued awareness-raising and education in relation to Ageism, particularly in collaboration with the Municipal Association of Victoria
- Monitoring the impact of COVID-19 especially the roll out of vaccination for older people
- Influencing the understanding of Perpetrators of Elder Abuse amongst Family Violence, Elder Abuse and legal Service Providers
- Participating in the review of the Victorian Retirement Villages Act.