Guided by our Policy Development Committee, current events and enquiries and concerns raised by older people we work on a range of issues related to the rights of older Victorians.
Policy priorities in 2022
Policy Priorities in 2021 include:
- Follow up of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Royal Commission report with a focus on Victoria related actions
- Supporting increased opportunities for older people to return to employment
- Continuation of the Assistive Technology for All campaign
- Continued awareness-raising and education in relation to Ageism
- Lobbying to ensure older people are not digitally excluded from accessing services
- Monitoring the impact of COVID-19 especially the barriers to older people re-engaging with the community
- Identifying opportunities to prevent and address elder abuse through law reform and advocacy
- Participating in the review of the Victorian Retirement Villages Act
- Following up our Pre-budget submission
- Participation in consultations for the Victorian Transport Accessibility Strategy
We work in collaboration with COTA Australia on national issues such as aged care and retirement incomes and with the other state and territory COTA organisations. COTA consults with people over 50 about their views, life experiences and needs through the State of the (Older) Nation survey.