Our policy and advocacy work is supported by the Policy Development Committee (PDC). The PDC is an advisory committee to the COTA Victoria Board, made up of volunteers. It has been established under COTA Victoria’s Constitution to provide input and guidance on the organisation’s policy strategies, priority ageing issues and emerging trends.
Comprised of up to nine older people with policy experience or subject matter expertise, the PDC is responsible for:
- Helping to establish COTA Victoria’s policy priorities;
- Undertaking consultation with older people to help inform COTA Victoria’s policy work;
- Developing policy positions and strategies to help guide COTA Victoria’s policy and advocacy work;
- Contributing to the development of policy submissions and other policy documents;
- Representing COTA Victoria in government and community level consultations relating to the needs of older people;
- Providing guidance, feedback and support to COTA Victoria’s policy and advocacy team.
If you are interested in joining the PDC or you have an issue you would like to put forward to the Committee for consideration, please contact our Policy Officer, Lauren Henley. You can reach Lauren by phone on (03) 9655 2140 or by email at email@example.com